In order to continue to ensure everyone’s safety, The Birmingham Pain Center would like to remind all patients of the following measures that have been implemented.
- Every person entering the building will be screened for COVID-19 and have their temperature checked. If all is normal, they will be allowed to enter. Please maintain social distancing (6 feet apart) while the screening is being completed.
- Once inside, please maintain social distancing in the elevator, waiting rooms, lab area, or anywhere else. Please understand that things will take a little longer than normal, as we need to allow more time for people to transition through the clinic.
- No family members or guests will be allowed into the building unless absolutely necessary. For patients undergoing procedures under anesthesia, we ask that your driver wait in the car. Please provide the receptionist the telephone number for your driver and we will call them once it is time to pick you up.
- The CDC and other agencies have made suggestions regarding personal protective equipment (PPE). Please understand that PPE is in high demand, and is needed in the hospitals for critically ill patients and healthcare workers caring for these patients. The staff will be wearing PPE as appropriate, but we do not have enough for patients. Please bring and wear your own cloth facemask or other PPE in order to minimize the risk of transmission of any viral/bacterial illness, including COVID-19.
- In addition to our normal cleaning protocols, we are going to be performing extra cleaning. You will see our staff disinfecting high traffic areas more frequently than before. Please be patient as this will increase times in bringing patients back to exam rooms, but it will substantially reduce the chance for infection.
If you or anyone in your household has been tested and awaiting the results, or has experienced any of the COVID symptoms in the last 14 days, please DO NOT come into the office. Call our office at (205) 313-7246 to speak with a staff member to possibly reschedule.
We are able to offer telehealth appointments to patients who are at high risk for complications from COVID-19. Telehealth is covered by insurance companies for a certain period of time only. If you have already been told by one of our staff members that your appointment can be completed via telehealth, we will be using the platform doxy.me. Each midlevel provider (PA or Nurse Practitioner) will have their own virtual waiting room. Please make sure you register with doxy.me prior to your appointment and use the first and last name on your insurance card so that it matches our chart. You can click on the link below for your provider, or cut and paste the link into a supported web browser to enter the virtual waiting room. Your provider will start a video call with you around the time of your appointment.
Melissa Almond, PA-C: https://doxy.me/malmondbpc
Sarah Catherine Reid, CRNP: https://doxy.me/screid
Carly Garvey, PA-C: https://doxy.me/carlygarveypa