We are currently open. The Stay at Home order for the state of Alabama has expired as of May 1, 2020. To ensure everyone’s safety, we are implementing the following measures:
- Every person entering the building will be screened for COVID-19 and have their temperature checked. If all is normal, they will be allowed to enter. Please maintain social distancing (6 feet apart) while the screening is being completed.
- Once inside, please maintain social distancing in the elevator, waiting rooms, lab area, or anywhere else. Please understand that things will take a little longer than normal, as we need to allow more time for people to transition through the clinic.
- No family members or guests will be allowed into the building unless absolutely necessary. For patients undergoing procedures under anesthesia, we ask that your driver wait in the car. Please provide the receptionist the telephone number for your driver and we will call them once it is time to pick you up.
- The CDC and other agencies have made suggestions regarding personal protective equipment (PPE). Please understand that PPE is in high demand, and is needed in the hospitals for critically ill patients and healthcare workers caring for these patients. The staff will be wearing PPE as appropriate, but we do not have enough for patients. Please bring and wear your own cloth facemask or other PPE in order to minimize the risk of transmission of any viral/bacterial illness, including COVID-19.
- In addition to our normal cleaning protocols, we are going to be performing extra cleaning. You will see our staff disinfecting high traffic areas more frequently than before. Please be patient as this will increase times in bringing patients back to exam rooms, but it will substantially reduce the chance for infection.
We may be able to offer telehealth appointments to patients who are at high risk for complications from COVID-19 only. Telehealth is covered by insurance companies for a limited time. One of the requirements for a telehealth visit is the communication must be audio-visual, i.e. it has to be done using a device that has a camera and sound. If you have already been told by one of our staff members that your appointment can be completed via telehealth, we will be using the platform doxy.me. Each midlevel provider (PA or Nurse Practitioner) will have their own virtual waiting room. Please make sure you register with doxy.me prior to your appointment and use your first and last name (not nicknames) as it appears on your insurance card/plan so that it matches our chart. You can click on the link below for your provider, or cut and paste the link into a supported web browser to enter the virtual waiting room. Your provider will start a video call with you around the time of your appointment.
Melissa Almond, PA-C: https://doxy.me/malmondbpc
Mallory Booth, PA-C: https://doxy.me/mboothbpc
Amalee Smith, PA-C: https://doxy.me/smithroom
Jamie Holmes, CRNP: https://doxy.me/jholmes
Jay Heisler, PHD: https://doxy.me/bpcheisler
Through the caring staff of The BPC, thousands of patients just like you who had resigned themselves to lives of chronic suffering have had the quality, dignity and mobility of daily life returned to them. At The BPC, we treat the whole person since the whole person suffers when pain persists. [MORE